How to Apply for the 2019 Academy for Lifetime Learning Betty Ross STEMM Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online. The scholarship application form is here.
- an official school transcript with grade point average
- proof of acceptance from the college or university to be attended
- declaration of intended field of study
- listing of academic and non-academic honors
- listing of community service activities, hobbies, and other interests
- Two character references with contact information are required.
- A personal essay of 600-800 typed words on the subject of “What motivates you to pursue your chosen field of study?” is required.
- In addition to the personal essay, the applicant may choose from ONE of the following three subjects in an essay of 600-800 typed words:
Applications must be submitted online no later than May 15, 2019. The application form is here.
The Scholarship winners will be notified by June 14, 2019.
The Academy will hold an Awards ceremony at which time the winners will be invited to meet Academy for Lifetime Learning members to discuss their educational goals and aspirations.
If you have a question, please contact Tony Picardi, Scholarship Chairman, at: 757-442-4481.