HOW TO ACCESS
YOUR CLASS ON ZOOM
1. You do NOT need to have a Zoom account to participate in a Zoom meeting/class.
- A computer will work best, but an iPad will work too. Because classes include visual content, a phone is not recommended.
- Even without a Zoom account, you can visit Zoom’s homepage and access any of their instructional video tutorials on using Zoom under the Resources tab at the top of the page. Here is the direct link for their video on Joining a Meeting.
2. The first time you join a Zoom meeting, you will be prompted to download the free Zoom app. This just takes a couple of minutes and only has to be done once.
- We strongly suggest that you do this in advance of your first class so that you’ll be ready to join the meeting on time. If you’d like to do it now, here is the link to go to Zoom’s Download page and download the Zoom Client for Meetings.
3. Your instructor will send you an email which will invite you to the Zoom meeting/class. Keep this email because it will contain the link you need to join the class.
- Just after the words “Join Zoom Meeting” in the invitation, there will be a string of characters beginning with “https://.” Click on this link shortly before the time for the class. (Alternatively, you may also copy the link and paste it into your browser.)
- Clicking the link in your invitation will take you to Zoom. In the rectangle at the top of the page, click “Open Zoom Meetings.” When given a choice, select opening with audio and video.
- Click the link a few minutes before the class is scheduled to begin. You will be put in a “waiting room” until the instructor opens the session and admits you.
- If you arrive late, the instructor can still admit you, but you may have to wait a little until s/he notices that you’re there.
That’s all there is to it. Again, we suggest that you download the free Zoom Client for Meetings app in advance so that the only thing you’ll need to do to join your first class is click on the link in the invitation your instructor sends you. And remember: If you’re having a problem getting online with Zoom, please contact us. We’ll be glad to help.
We’re looking forward to seeing you online!