How to Apply for the 2021 Academy for Lifetime Learning Betty Ross STEMM Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online..
Go to: allesva.org/scholarship-application/stemm
Since our nation needs to build its skilled technical workforce, this scholarship requires that the student’s academic goal be in the discipline of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Medicine (STEMM).
- an official school transcript with grade point average
- proof of acceptance from the college or university to be attended
- declaration of intended field of study
- listing of academic and non-academic honors
- listing of community service activities, hobbies, and other interests
- Two character references with contact information are required.
- A personal essay of 600-800 typed words on the subject of “What motivates you to pursue your chosen field of study?” is required.
- In addition to the personal essay, the applicant will submit an essay of 600-800 typed words on ONE of the following three subjects:
Applications must be submitted online no later than May 15, 2021. The application form is here: allesva.org/scholarship-application/stemm
The Scholarship winners will be notified by June 15, 2021.
The Academy will hold an online awards ceremony via Zoom the week of June 15th at which time the winners will meet Academy for Lifetime Learning members to discuss their educational goals and aspirations.
If you have a question, please contact Tony Picardi, Scholarship Chairman, at: 757-442-4481.