How to Apply for the 2021 Academy for Lifetime Learning Betty Ross Nursing Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online.
Go to: allesva.org/scholarship-application/nursing
Requirements of the application are:
- an official school transcript with grade point average
- proof of acceptance from a four-year college or the Eastern Shore Community College in the RN nursing program
- declaration of intended field of study in nursing
- listing of academic and non-academic honors
- listing of community service activities, hobbies, and other interests
- Two character references with contact information are required.
- A personal essay of 600-800 typed words on the subject of “What motivates me to become a nurse?” is required.
Applications must be submitted online no later than May 15, 2021. The application form is here: allesva.org/scholarship-application/nursing
The Scholarship winners will be notified by June 15, 2021.
The Academy will hold an online awards ceremony via Zoom the week of June 15th at which time the winners will meet Academy for Lifetime Learning members to discuss their educational goals and aspirations.
If you have a question, please contact Tony Picardi, Scholarship Chairman, at: 757-442-4481.