How to Apply for the 2020 Academy for Lifetime Learning Betty Ross Theatre Arts Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online.
Go to: allesva.org/scholarship-application/theatre arts
Requirements of the application are:
- an official school transcript with grade point average
- proof of acceptance from a four-year college or university to be attended
- declaration of intended field of study
- listing of productions in which you participated and your role (Example: lead, set, sound, lighting, costumes, etc.)
- One theatre character reference from a production in which you participated
- One other character reference with contact information
- Three examples of your work (Example: set design sketches/photos, costume photos/sketches, URLs to posted videos, etc.—Note that videos are usually too large to send by email.)
- A 600-word essay explaining why you are choosing to major in Theatre Arts
Applications must be submitted online no later than May 15, 2020. The application form is here:
The Scholarship winners will be notified by June 15, 2020.
The Academy will hold an Awards ceremony at which time the winners will be invited to meet Academy for Lifetime Learning members to discuss their educational goals and aspirations.
If you have a question, please contact Tony Picardi, Scholarship Chairman, at: 757-442-4481.