How to Apply for the 2020 Academy for Lifetime Learning Betty Ross STEMM Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online..
Go to: allesva.org/scholarship-application/stemm
- an official school transcript with grade point average
- proof of acceptance from the college or university to be attended
- declaration of intended field of study
- listing of academic and non-academic honors
- listing of community service activities, hobbies, and other interests
- Two character references with contact information are required.
- A personal essay of 600-800 typed words on the subject of “What motivates you to pursue your chosen field of study?” is required.
- A second essay of 600-800 typed words on ONE of the following three subjects is also required:
Applications must be submitted online no later than May 15, 2020. The application form is here: allesva.org/scholarship-application/stemm
The Scholarship winners will be notified by June 15, 2020.
The Academy will hold an Awards ceremony at which time the winners will be invited to meet Academy for Lifetime Learning members to discuss their educational goals and aspirations.
If you have a question, please contact Tony Picardi, Scholarship Chairman, at: 757-442-4481.